Very sudden and fast climate change has been occurring on our earth from last few decades. This could be an as serious matter of concern we would not be able to control it. Every day we read in news various drastic effects of climate change that certain area is in drought for a long time, or there are heavy floods for some reasons. Recently it was in the news that a very large iceberg has been broken down from Antarctica which was about double the size of Luxembourg. The broken iceberg was about 5800sq Km which is expected to melt quicker than normal, which would further lead to a rise in the level of the sea and hence also affect our climatic conditions.
Factors on which climate change depends
There are various factors on which our climate depends. The major one is Green House Gases. Greenhouse gases are the gases which cGreenhousetire earth like a blanket. These gases help in trapping the sun’s energy and prevent them from leaking out. Disturbance in the amount of these green house gases may affect our entire climate. The gases which may contribute to the green house effect are: –
- Carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Nitrous Oxide
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Water vapors
- Carbon dioxide (CO2): Carbon dioxide is present in a very low amount in our atmosphere but plays an important role in it. A certain increase in the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere may lead to increase in the temperature also. Carbon dioxide is released into the atmosphere from various sources like respiration, volcanic eruptions or other human activities. Deforestation and constant industrialization has been increased the level of CO2 in the atmosphere and hence has affected the climate.
- Methane: Methane is a hydrocarbon gas present in very few amounts in the atmosphere. This gas is more active than CO2 and affects the climate change. There are various sources of methane gas in an atmosphere like deforestation, decomposition of organic matter, burning process etc.
- Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide is one of the most participants of greenhouse gases which affect our environment. It is generally produced during the cultivation processes. It is also produced during the combustion of fossil fuels, use of commercial fertilizers or biomass burning etc. An increased amount of nitrous oxide increases the temperature.
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs): These are actually the synthesized compounds which are released during various chemical processes. These gases are the main cause of depletion of ozone layer also, which is a stronger alarm to human generation to stop all the processes which may affect our ecological balance.
- Water vapors: Water vapors are one of the most important constituents of the green house gases which increase with the increase in the temperature and hence will increase the chances of cloud formation and precipitation.
There are some other sources which also equally affect the climate change. These are:
- Increase in the use of fertilizers
- Burning of wood, fuel, and gas
Increased human interference has been increased the level of these gases in the atmosphere which may lead to some harmful effects. Green house gases trap the energy coming from the sun like a blanket and prevent it from being leaking out all. With the increase in a number of these gases in the atmosphere, it decreases the chances of escaping the remaining energy. Now, more will be a number of gases more will be the absorbed energy and hence rise in temperature.
Consequences of climate change: Climate change has affected our environment to a deep extent. It has affected the balance created by different things of the matter and hence also has affected our lives too. We are here, explaining you the most common consequences of the climate change that may or may not directly have affected our lives:
- Temperature increase
- Rise in the level of sea
- Excessive rains, floods, and droughts
- Unexpected natural processes
- Ozone depletion
- Explosion of various diseases
How to control the climate change?
Climate change from the last few decades is becoming a major concern today. It is continuously changing and has affected most of the environmental states today. It is very much important to make a check on the changing climate so as to protect the human race in future. There are certain methods which can help in saving our environment and also can control the changing environment.
- Stop deforestation
- Use the alternate methods of industrialization which may cause no pollution
- Use transportation mediums based on solar energy or other sources which do not include combustion of fuel
- Reduce the use of Chlorofluorocarbons